Sunday, April 26, 2009

When to plant tuberoses?

I have bought a whole pack of Tuberose bulbs from Costco's. It explains everything other than the time for planting. Bulb packs usually have a zoning map and tell you when to plant certain bulbs in your zone. But on this one there are no traces of that information. I also searched the net and no luck there either. I live in Boston area Massachusetts. When should I plant them? Also how far a part? I never had a good luck with planting bulbs in the backyard directly (squirrels dig them out)...This year I planted everything in the pot and I am planning to transfer them when they sprouted. Is that a good idea you think? I chose a few medium pots (which I already had) and placed 3 tuberoses' bulbs in each. I thought since they will be transferred to the yard later I didn't have to buy a large pot...I already have spent a lot on buying bulbs....

When to plant tuberoses?
always plant bulbs in the winter (jan/feb) after the snow has stopped.


never let them sit in water, they rot.

plants flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment